Learning The Letters Of Our Names

This week and the next, we are learning the letters of our name. We have lots of wooden letters in our classroom and the kids love playing with them. So...
 I showed them the letters of their name on white board.
  Then gave them a tray of wooden letters and asked them to look for the letters that looked like the ones on the board.
The older kids would say the names of the letters they knew while the younger ones found the letters of their name through matching. It was trial and error for them.

 Then they glued the letters onto a maroon colored cardboard.

We will use this for extended activities next week.

Comments

  1. How neat! I think I will use this idea and have our son arrange some magnetic letters on the refrigerator where I KNOW he'll see them all day long. He is an avid water drinker and apple eater so he's constantly at the 'frig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for ideas like these in teaching my son his name. I like what you did. Thanks for sharing.

    Visiting from over at Preschool Corner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts